Reports to: President of the Chamber
Employment Type: Hourly, Part-Time, 8 to 10 per week
Compensation: Based on experience
One of the primary goals of the Greater Northeast Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is to keep our team of hardworking professionals happy and motivated. That’s why we need you, a personable, enthusiastic professional who is flexible and committed to working hard. You will work hand-in-hand with our incredible team to organize, improve, and implement processes and systems related to our member database, events, programs, and overall marketing. You will have the exciting opportunity to foster team growth as we work to meet our yearly goals. You will also be challenged by the high-energy environment where you will be a key player in promoting our organization and supporting our mission.
GNPCC Mission Statement:
Greater Northeast Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, a private business organization, is dedicated to the success of our professionals, business members, and the free enterprise system.
Summary: The role of the Bookkeeper is to assist the President of the Chamber and member businesses in support of the mission. The Bookkeeper will assist in managing the weekly accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are essential qualifications for this position, as well as excellent customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The Bookkeeper must be a sophisticated user of QuickBooks, and must also understand the dynamics of cash flow.
To appropriately meet the needs of the position, the Bookkeeper is expected to:
- Enjoy a positive, engaging outlook.
- Present a friendly, welcoming, can-do attitude in interaction with members and visitors.
- Handle a myriad of details and follow-up items.
- Communicate clearly and professionally.
- Represent the Chamber positively and professionally at all times.
- Possess outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Be comfortable meeting new people and socially approachable.
- Handle interruptions and changing situations.
- Work harmoniously, enthusiastically, and cooperatively.
- Accomplish tasks both independently and with direction.
- QuickBooks and Database: Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to the membership management database, Chamber Master, and QuickBooks, and regularly reconciling accounts.
- Accounts Receivable: Generate membership renewal invoices and create membership renewals letters Word mail merge. Distribute member invoices and ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Accounts Payable: Pay debts as they come due for payment, including necessary bills as well as supplier and vendor invoices.
- Banking: Make deposits and record all cash receipts. Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy. Manage the office petty cash fund.
- Budgets and Reports: Maintain the annual budget and chart of accounts. Generate clear and accurate weekly reports for the President and monthly reports for Board of Directors.
- Payroll: Process company payroll.
- General Accounting and Administrative: Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system. Provide administrative support when required.
- Written Materials/Correspondence: This will include basic writing, editing, mailing, and emailing members, prospects, partnering organizations, and vendors.
- Telephone Correspondence: Is an on-going responsibility and include calling members regarding their accounting related activities. The Bookkeeper will also assist with answering incoming call and customer service related questions.
- Event Management. The Greater Northeast Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce has many events each month. The Bookkeeper is responsible for the financial recording including sponsorship and registration invoicing, and event processing event expenditures.
- Membership Engagement. The Administrator is an integral part of onboarding and maintaining members with the President, Director of Business Development, and the Membership and Outreach Committee.
- General Housekeeping. The Administrator will help the staff with keeping the office clean including dusting, removing trash, vacuuming, and other light housekeeping duties.
- Support to the President. The Administrator will cooperate with the President. Tasks may be assigned that have not been listed as part of the job description. The Administrator shall take the initiative to complete the tasks once asked.
- Prior experience as a bookkeeper or office manager is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some early morning and after-hours events. No weekends.
- Proficiency in standard office equipment required. Ability to use QuickBooks and MS Office programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willing to learn new software as needed.
- Committed to maintaining the highest sensitivity to professional ethics and cultural diversities, treating all people equally and respectfully.
- The Bookkeeper must pay close attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, and thoroughness.
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Attention: Pam Henshall, email@example.com